Careers at AERC Recycling Solutions
AERC is always looking for EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEES!.
Both hourly and salary positions are available at some of our regional facilities which are located in:
- Hayward, CA
- Pomona, CA
- West Melbourne, FL
- Allentown, PA
- Richmond, VA
Business Development Manager (BDM)
Richmond, VA - Allentown, PA - Hayward, CA
Responsible for new business development (sales) for both Universal Waste and Electronic Waste Recycling Services. New Business Development activities include general marketing functions. B2B sales to the Commercial Real Estate/Property Management, HealthCare Facilities, Hospitality/Gaming Industry, Industrial/Manufacturing, Educational Institutions, Retail, and other target markets as identified.
Prior experience selling in a "service industry" to the target markets listed above is preferred. Sales in the environmental services and/or waste management recycling industry is a plus.
Position requires excellent oral / written communication skills including public speaking skills, excellent time management / organization skills, computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
AERC offers a competitive base salary (commensurate with experience) and a commission program, plus travel expenses & mileage reimbursement, life insurance, medical / dental / vision, and 401(k) program for the right individual.
If interested in the Business Development Manager position, please send your cover letter and resume with the AERC location you are interested in to:
Careers-BDM at AERC dot COM.
Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative
Hayward, CA - Allentown, PA - Richmond, VA
Under the direction of the Customer Service Manager, the CSR will perform various customer service duties in support of newly acquired accounts established by AERC's Business Development Managers, as well as through pre-existing accounts.
- Handle numerous incoming customer phone calls in a professional manner
- Taking / processing new orders, requests for pick-ups, requests for recycling kits via telephone and/or e-mail.
- Administratively Support and assist Outside Sales Reps on request for quote / proposals (RFQ/RFP) including preparation of written quotes/proposals, vendor qualification submittals
- Provide customer interface on matters of sales, pricing, service coordination, problem solving
- Responsible for preparation and sending collateral marketing materials ( brochures, SOQs, Vendor Info Packages) sent to new and prospective customers
- Responsible for regular and accurate data entry into CRM Software program to maintain on-going history of all activities within accounts.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into the operational accounting systems on all orders
- Attend customer/industry functions i.e. tradeshows and conferences as requested.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Perform other administrative and/or sales and customer support functions as assigned
- Prior customer service experience strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including in all Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- "Team-Player" attitude required
- Must be able to form interactive working relationship with peers, Outside Sales Reps and Transportation/Operations to accomplish company goals
If interested in the Customer Service/Inside Sales Representative position, please send your cover letter and resume with the AERC location you are interested in to:
Careers-CSR at AERC dot COM.
eBay Sales Associate
Manage and maintain the company’s EBAY site to a high standard. Receive, inventory and sell AERC tested working equipment on EBAY site as per company and R2 guidelines. Prepare and package all sold Ebay material. Develop and maintain a client list for resale of AERC equipment.
- Work on a daily basis with the receiving and triage departments to streamline transfers to the refurbishment department for equipment to be tested and prepared for resale on Ebay.
- Sort and segregate resalable assets into appropriate categories.
- Use appropriate methods to track and inventory assets within inventory management system.
- Daily maintenance on EBay account, i.e. respond to customer emails, maintain all necessary documents per company guidelines, maintain accurate sales records, etc.
- Determine all items which are suitable for sale on EBay, as per company and R2 guidelines.
- Prepare all items for proper posting on EBay, such as ensuring all documenting, cleaning, and wiping of all data has occurred prior to posting.
- Display exemplary customer service with all EBay and AERC customers.
- Attention to detail with company policy and procedure, customer requests, and R2 standards.
- Knowledge of the computer resale market.
- Develop and maintain a client list for resale of AERC equipment.
- Previous sales experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Previous computer familiarity a plus
If interested in the eBay Sales Associate position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers-eBay at AERC dot COM.
Recycling Technicians/Warehouse Workers
Perform basic plant operations including material handling, hazardous waste handling, and equipment operation, working within company safety/environmental policies and procedures.
- Handling of hazardous waste, including identification, labeling, storage, and management in accordance with all regulations and internal safety requirements.
- Handling waste batteries for recycling, including identification, labeling, sorting, and storage.
- Unload trucks, unpack lamps and stage lamps for processing
- Operate lamp recycling equipment in accordance with proper operating procedures
- Document appropriate operation in logs
- Operate fork truck, lifting mechanisms, drum dumpers, drum and pallet jacks
- Perform regular equipment maintenance and instrument monitoring.
- Reliable, regular attendance/punctuality is required to meet business need
- Assure compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety regulations
- Perform work safely, in accordance with all company policies and procedures to prevent injury
- Medium to heavy working conditions, possible exposure to mercury and/or phosphor powder.
- Lifting 50 pounds minimum on regular basis
- Work with various materials with varying safety requirements
- Tasks will rotate within different areas of the warehouse according to business needs.
- Use personal protective equipment: hardhat, goggles, respirator
- Climb stairs and stand for 8 hours/day
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Good mechanical ability required.
- Must be able to read/write and understand English
- Ability to climb stairs, stands 8 hours/day, lift 60 pounds, move 55-gallon drums required.
- Ability to use personal protective equipment such as tyveks, goggles, hardhat, respirator
- Ability to work overtime hours as required by business conditions
- Must complete 24-hour Orientation
- Specific on-the-job training towards meeting established production standards
- Must complete training on Hazardous Waste Management practices.
If interested in the Recycling Technician/Warehouse Worker position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Careers-RecTech at AERC dot COM.